Sunday, July 24, 2011

My 1st and 2nd handcrafted jewellery ever!!

Ok, what have I been doing this July.

  • Well, celebrated my birthday, and my hubby's. We are both Cancerian, fyi. 
  • Baked chocolate cookies for hari raya sample (no pic yet)
  • Tried a few chocolate cake recipes... (i think i'm nearly there.. baking the perfect chocolate cake). 
  • Played paintball and got four bruises of 4 1/2 cm in diameters (yup, i measured them with a ruler, not to mention sakit lutut and kaki from crouching)
  • Make my own jewellery!!!
Ok, the story is, I went to a cheese cup cake class and met with Shila, who makes her own jewellery and teaches jewellery class too. I got so excited and wanted her to teach me soon but she's busy. I checked around and there's this bead jewellery class near my house and you have to pay 400 ringgit to learn about 12 design which is compulsory to take. But I want to learn wire jewellery and do charm bracelet. I'm not that keen on beads. The lady wouldn't want to teach me how to do charm bracelet unless i take the 400 bucks course first.

So i turn on to the best, free teacher available which is the net!! And here is my masterpiece..hehe




I bought the cheapest garden wire from Giant, i bought the cheapest fake plastic pearls, searched the net on everything about wire jewelley and voila, i made my first fake pearl bracelet just by twisting some wires with a plier (they call it head pins i think) and putting in the pearls. well, of course it looks rough but who cares!! It looks good on my wrist!!

For the second piece, i bought RM12 of the purple stones, bought the copper wire and the most expensive item is the toggle clasp. Its RM14.80!! But its for 6 pieces la. I crochet the wire and insert the stone. Thank goodness i know some basic crochet.This is the site that taught me how to do it: http://www.craftstylish.com/item/2421/how-to-crochet-a-bead-and-wire-bracelet/page/all
But I skip one step. Cuz i dont have any jump ring to connect the bracelet to the toggle clasp, I just connect the wire to the clasp without any jump ring. But who cares!! haha.. as long as it looks nice to me :-)

well, i'm gonna practice some more, with cheap stuff of course till i'm really really good!

ok, whats the thing that I haven't done this July

  • clean my aquarium!! hope my fishes can hang on in the dirty water!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment