Thursday, December 6, 2012

Figurine Cake

I made a  figurine birthday cake for my father-in-law - a pandan hawaiian coconut sponge cake! Toasted hawaiian coconut flakes on top of the cake and also in the filling too, which is a pandan buttercream.


Above is my father-in-law, who loves to travel with the train. In his hand is the train ticket. And he always dresses in his trademark attire - cap, backpack, sunglasses and crocs. And not forgetting his fav drink, a box of ribena!


My father-in-law, under construction :-)  Doing the hand is the hardest...as always. You got to have the hand right and I always imagine a hand when I make the hand (gowd, i hope you understand what I mean here). And thank goodness I don't have to draw the eyes here...pheww..thanks to the sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment