Saturday, May 26, 2012

GFCF Cookies



I have been sooo unproductive these few months due to my son's tight schedule. Well, he's only 4+ but his schedule is packed all through the week! Kindergarten, right brain class, judo, gym, math class, etc. Now that its a school holiday (yeay!!) hope I can spend more time on my business!!

Anyway I finally managed to make some gluten free, casein free, soy free vanilla cookies. I used Orgran GFCF flour, GFCF no egg, nuttelex or ghee, xanthan gum and vanilla powder. For sugar substitute, I use fructose.  And thank God, the cookies held together. The dough can be rolled and pressed and hold their shape. And I prefer using ghee than nuttelex just because ghee tastes nicer and have a nice aroma. In case some of you are wandering what on earth is 'nuttelex', well, its just a brand name for butter - a Gluten free Casein free butter..i.e. its milk free, soy free, nut free, gluten free, artificial additive free.. phew, long list there!

I made the cookies for my friend whose daughter is an autistic and autistic kids have very strict diets. Her daughter's name is Aishah and she's a very lovely little girl :-) Hope the cute cookies will cheer up little Aishah.

Here's some of the ingredients that I used. I have thrown away the Orgran GFCF flour box so no picture of the flour box here.

the small bottles in front are the xanthan gum and vanilla powder




No comments:

Post a Comment