Friday, June 22, 2012

How my trip to buy fondant turned into a nightmare

My  husband's blood on my son's shirt 
Wanna know why I've been quiet, no baking at all, close shop? Because 4 weeks ago we were attacked point blank with a long parang (machete) and a knife in our parked car. They were 4 of them, one in the get away car, 1 who pointed the long machete at me (I was sitting in the passenger's seat), 1 pointed a knife to my husband in the driver's seat and another man went in the back, sat down and hold my 4 year old son who was sitting in the back seat. We think its an attempt to steal the car, however, since we feared that our son will be taken by the robbers together with the car, me and my husband instinctively fought them. They panicked and took off.  My husband got slashed on the arm. I got cuts on my fingers and arm. Thank Allah, the three of us are safe and sound, bloodied but safe.

It happened in broad daylight in front of our apartment when my husband and my son came to pick me up cuz I wanted to buy fondant for 3 birthday cakes that I needed to deliver the next day. Well, I didn't get to buy the fondant, instead we went to the hospital courtesy of a kind neighbour who drove us there and helped us. 

So be careful, when you want to enter or exit your car. Look around for any suspicious characters near your car. Immediately lock  the car door upon entering the car, don't dilly dally. Be safe!








No comments:

Post a Comment