Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fruit Shaped Biscuit (Pineapple Tart)

Fruit shaped pineapple tart in an edible pastry basket
I'm in the midst of baking my raya cookies order due next week, and am very busy with my other responsibilities. And since I haven't updated my blog for a while, I'll share with you some pictures on how I did the above - yes, inside the fruits are pineapple jam. They are jam tarts shaped fruits (hope my English is correct here). I learned how to do them from Dollies Cake. You can check her blog http://dolliescakes.blogspot.com/ and her FB http://www.facebook.com/dollies.cakes. I'm gonna post a short one here. I have no time to write a long one, so many things to do!! I'll show you how to make each of the fruit tarts soon. For the mean  time, here they are:


The tart dough all coloured and rounded up. They do look like fondant and soap isn't it? The texture and pliability was like fondant but they are actually flour, butter, eggs & sugar. Amazing isn't it?


Divide the dough equally to small pieces.


The pineapple jam all rounded up.


Take one piece of the dough and stuck in the jam. 


Round it up smoothly.


One tray done!


Walla!.. all magically turned into fruits :-) and ready for the oven!


4 comments:

  1. Woww ur fruit tart was awesome.all impress with ur work!! So beautiful n yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. appreciate your support very much!! tunggula family reunion nanti, i want to make a special diva cake for you - to thank you for your support :-)

      Delete
  2. My mother in law also love ur beautiful tart! Tq!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I think I just tried one of your orange shaped pineapple tart. It's because from your picture above looks exactly the as the one I just tried. I think it's very uniquely good with a taste of oranges zest inside the pineapple tarts. May I know where can I buy some?

    ReplyDelete