Thursday, July 19, 2012

Red Velvet Cake


Ok, I officially started baking yesterday after the 'incident' (read my previous posting). Anyway, its a red velvet cake with crazy swirly design. I tried a lot of red velvet cake recipes, from the magazines & the internet. Some had too dense textures, some had very strong cocoa powder taste. Finally found the recipe that I like best - the cake is moist with nice texture, its creamy & has a little bit of tangy buttermilk taste that I like. And I got the recipe from Food & Travel magazine. It pays to invest in good magazines! 

My other fav magazines - Food & Wine, Flavours, My Nourishment, Cake Craft & Decoration. I do buy Martha Stewart magazines sometimes. Jamie Oliver mags, not yet cuz they are extremely expensive here in Malaysia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment